Bespoke Waste Environmental Permit
Bespoke waste environmental permit application to the Environment Agency? Do you need to apply?
If so then we have a track record of helping waste businesses apply and obtain environmental permits.
If you cannot apply for a standard rules permit then you need a bespoke waste environmental permit. It has conditions and volumes in it particular to your operation. You may have to apply for a bespoke waste permit if you are close to a SSSI or SPA.
A bespoke permit is more complicated and expensive than a standard rules permit. You will also need to submit supporting surveys.
We have complied a list below of how bespoke permits differ from standard rules permits, the list is not exhaustive:
- Advertised like planning applications
- More costly
- More application forms
- Usually require more in depth supporting surveys
- Determination time is usually longer
- Conditions tailored to your business
- Tends to involve more schedule 5 requests for information from the EA
- Classed a higher public interest in some cases
- Can potentially have a higher impact on the environment
- Are quite often close to sensitive environmental areas such as SSSI’s, SPA’s etc..
- Usually involve higher volumes & throughput
- Higher subsistence fees
- Audited more frequently by the EA