Waste Licences

Paul Downing

We have helped many organisations apply for all sorts of waste licences and permits. Whether you need a permit from the Environment Agency for depositing waste onto land, or if you are looking to set up a new recycling business, we can help.

The process for applying for licences depends on what you want to do and where your site is located. Therefore, Treat the process similar to a planning application.

For every environmental permit application. There will need to be lots of supporting information therefore. Surveys such as, noise and vibration, dust, air dispersion, contaminated land, fire prevention plans, are all good examples.

A lot of people confuse the term with “waste carrier licences”. We do not help companies get these. These are available on the Environment Agency website and it is very quick and easy to simply register and pay for these on their website.

Paul Downing & Associates help with getting “waste transfer licences”. Also known as waste management licences”. These are to set up a recycling business. The terms are interchangeable with the term “environmental permit”.

This is a fairly complex field and the process is quite long winded. It can take 18 months-2 years before bespoke permits are issued. It is probably best to speak to us with regards to your initial enquiry.

Contact Us

Call Us On

01428 768 087