Set Up A Skip Hire Business
If you are looking to set up a skip hire business, we can help you get started.
There are several barriers to entry into this type of business. In order to become a legal waste transfer station and import, treat and export waste therefore, you will need the following.
- An Environmental Permit from the Environment Agency
- The correct WAMITAB qualification
- The right planning status
- Above all, A suitable yard or premises to meet the Environment Agency’s Fire Prevention Guidance (FPP)
The type of permit you require will also depend on, in addition
- Where your yard is located
- If you want to mechnically treat waste or just manually sort it
- Whether you are sorting the waste inside a building
- What volume of waste you want to treat
- What types of waste you want to treat
Paul Downing & Associates has helped several businesses get started in setting up a new yard or premises. Above all, We can help with obtaining the right permit for your proposed business. We can also help you to decide therefore if your proposed skip hire business location is suitable.
Paul Downing & Associates can also screen new locations to help you therefore decide before leasing or buying a premises.
Give us a call today for an informal discussion on how we can help you get started.