Environment Agency

Paul Downing

Environment Agency

The EA regulates part A activities of schedule 1 of the Environmental Permitting regs and the IED (industrial Emissions Directive). It therefore issues environmental permits to operators wishing to carry out certain regulated activities.

If you are looking to apply for an environmental or waste management permit. It will be the Environment Agency permitting support centre (PCS) that you make the application to in Sheffield. A local Environment Agency officer located in your district will liaise with PSC during the determination of your environmental permit.

The EA tries to provide 2 hours of pre-application advice. You should be able to receive a visit from an Environment Agency office to the site your are considering permitting. This would also help you to identify any major show stoppers therefore before you waste time and money on an expensive application. Show stoppers may include, nearby vicinity of SSSI’s, nature reserves, contaminated land sites or perhaps past criminal convictions.

It takes 3 months for a standard rules permit. 4 months for a bespoke permit. In reality these timescales are longer because of limited EA resources and consequently you must plan ahead.

If you need help therefore in dealing with the Environment Agency. Call us today for an informal discussion on how we can help your business.

Finally, call us on 01428 768 087 or email paul@pauldowningltd.co.uk


Contact Us

Call Us On

01428 768 087