What is ISO 50001?
The new ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems standard focuses on the process of managing energy in an organisation and demonstrates to clients and interested parties your commitment to making improvement in energy efficiency and energy consumption. Whilst similarities to ISO 14001:2004 exist there are also some distinct differences such as the requirement to have an energy review, establish an energy baseline and document energy performance indicators (EnPI’s) within the documented energy management system.
The energy management system standard makes provision for the inclusion of energy considerations in procurement and design of new projects in order to bring about energy improvements, as well as the setting of objectives and targets in order to bring about improvement.
Consultancy Services to achieve ISO 50001 Compliance
We can help you to implement a full or partial energy management system by;
- Gap analysis – a short audit to identify where you are now and what you need to do to close the gap between current performance levels and the energy management systems standard ISO 50001:2011. Quite often this is a simple one or two day audit with a bullet point report. You can of course be provided with a fuller report if required which will provide an action plan and give focus to your management team.
- Producing an energy review to identify energy consuming assets and prioritise areas for improvement
- Production of a legal register
- Toolbox talks to engineers and employees on energy savings
- Documentation and manual updates
- Portfolio reviews and energy analysis
- Baseline data reviews
- Cost benefits analysis for project implementation
- Energy reviews and contracts analysis
- Metering and monitoring analysis
- Line diagrams and strategic overviews
- Energy policies and reviews
- Guidelines for purchasing and design
- Ad-hoc advice as required for ISO 50001 implementation
- Producing an energy baseline and EnPI’s based on past energy performance
- Development of a full energy management system and the required documented procedures
- Training and awareness sessions bespoke to your particular requirements
- Development of energy efficiency reviews and improvement programmes to reduce energy
- Securing up to 50% funding for development of an energy management system if you are a manufacturer with a turnover of less than £250m
- Developing a full energy management system (EnMS), or part thereof as required e.g. legal registers or training
- Internal energy management systems audits
We have successfully helped clients navigate their way through the standard as a stand alone project or as part of an ESOS compliance strategy. If you would like further information on our range of energy management services or have a particular project to discuss, please call us today for a no obligation discussion on how we can help you find the best way through.
Enter your contact details below to download a free ISO 50001 checklist