ISO 50001 for ESOS Compliance?
Whilst this route may not be appropriate for every company obligated under ESOS, if you are a manufacturer in industry then you probably already have certification to several different management systems already including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
How you decide to comply with ESOS is a matter for you alone to decide but there are several factors which may influence your choice. I have highlighted several below. For a full gap analysis on ESOS and whether ISO 50001:2011 is the best compliance route for you, please contact us direct for further information.
- A Manufacturer with existing ISO 9001/14001 certifications already – ISO 50001 may be the most appropriate route
- Retailer with several high street shops and no current management systems certification – A four yearly ESOS audit may the the most appropriate route
- An estate with several properties and assets held in trust -Â A four yearly ESOS audit may be the the most appropriate route
- A registered charity with shops both owned and leased -Â A four yearly ESOS audit may the the most appropriate route
- A process industry with environmental permits and waste management licences -Â ISO 50001 may be the most appropriate route
- A large corporate body with a mix of process industries and properties – A mix of both ISO 50001 and current schemes such as CRC, DEC’s throughout the portfolio may be the best compliance route.